Free Artwork Checking
If you are working on artwork for an upcoming release and are looking for advice on a technical aspect or a check over the files you can send them to us for a full check. We will check for common issues such as…
- Too little or no bleed. We need 3mm bleed on all sides of booklets and packaging.
- Images too low resolution. We need images at a minimum of 300 DPI.
- Text too close to the trim area. We advise a 3mm safety margin to the trim.
- Colours in the wrong colour space. Colours should be CMYK.
- Text correctly placed on spines of Digi products and inlays. We would normally expect the artist and title info on the spines.
- Barcodes are not full colour bitmaps. The barcode should be added as a black only vector image. We advise a minimum size of 12.5 x 25mm. If you are unsure of how to add the barcode image correctly we can do this free of cost.
- Blacks are even and not over 330% ink density.
If the files are final and you want us to make these print ready for when you are ready to place an order we can send you a full set of proofs to approve. Then all you have to do is place an order and your job will be able to go straight into production without any delays.
We are happy to check CD masters in either DDP or WAV format.
For the DDP masters, we will check the MD5 checksums is present and matches and if CD-Text and ISRC’s are correctly embedded. We do not check the running or spellings, we assume that has been done at the mastering stage.
If you are sending us WAV or AIFF files to check before we compile your master (£ 20.00 + VAT / £ 24.00 Inc VAT charge) we will make sure they are in the correct format, advise on sample rates and if levels are peaking near 0dB.
If at some point your situation changes and you do not wish to proceed with a project you are under no obligation to pay for the artwork checks. We understand that sometimes life does not work out as we would wish, at this difficult time we want to helps artists and record labels out as best we can. It is our clients who have kept us in business for 28 years and we should all be working together to keep the music flowing.